Totem Coffee Table (19.7" Dia)
- Lemon Lacquer 121 (Limon)
- Malachite Lacquer 112 (Malaquita)
- Mango Lacquer 113
- Champagne Lacquer 124
- Quartz Grey Lacquer 093 (Gris Cuarzo)
- Cream Lacquer 096 (Crema)
- Silk Grey Lacquer 095 (Gris Seda)
- Black Lacquer 001 (Negro)
- White Lacquer 005 (Blanco)
- Alpine Lacquer 138 (Alpino)
- Pool Lacquer 140 (Piscina)
- Nude Lacquer 141
- Brown Lacquer 139 (Castano)
- Pumpkin Lacquer 163 (Calabaza)
- Curry Lacquer 162
- Stewardess Blue Lacquer 164 (Azafata)
- Mint Lacquer 165 (Menta)
- Mauve Lacquer 160 (Malva)
- Blue Lacquer 161 (Klein)
As functional as it is decorative.The dictionary definition of a totem is an iconic piece, or a special symbol, to which spiritual significance is attached.
Sancal’s new Totem maintains the ancient symbolism of an icon that transmits balance and creativity.
But what is it really?
It is a sophisticated table and Sylvain Willenz’s first collaboration with the Spanish firm. A clean design with which its author wanted to escape from conventional forms and explore a new design language.
Totem’s delightfully sculptural forms and graphic silhouette reveal the designer’s talent for illustration, transcending the function of a seat to become a decorative object.
Its apparently slender and delicate structure is, in fact, strong and sturdy. Its wide base seems to stabilize a fragile balance of straight lines and a circle.
Design Public is an authorized USA dealer for all Sancal products.