Terms and Conditions
We and our selected affiliates offer this site to you under the following conditions. By visiting and/or using this site in any way, such as browsing products or placing an order, you agree to these conditions. Please read them carefully. These terms and conditions may change with or without notice and are effective immediately upon being posted.
IMPORTANT: When you click the “COMPLETE ORDER” button, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions of your purchase and limitations of the Design Public:
RETURNS AND CANCELLATIONS
Order Cancellation: Design Public does not accept cancellations on any order after 24 hours have passed since the order was placed (the time stamp on your order confirmation email)
Returns: Custom / made-to-order and other special orders are generally non-returnable.*
For orders that are returnable:
- You may return your order within 30 days of your receipt of merchandise for a refund of the purchase price less a 20% restocking fee.
- The return shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer and we recommend that all return shipments be insured.
- Note that all returns must be in new condition and in the original packaging.
- All returns require a pre-authorization known as an “RMA”. Contact us to receive an RMA document.
Outlet and Showroom Items are considered final sale and cannot be cancelled or returned.
*Design Public will allow returns on custom/ made-to-order items at our discretion
Estimated lead times/ETAs are good faith estimates only. Actual lead times can vary based on production timing, customs clearance, weather, and a variety of other factors. Although we strive to maintain timely deliveries for you, we cannot be responsible for delays in the manufacture or delivery of merchandise. If you have a specific need by date, please alert your sales team at the time of order as we may not be able to accommodate need by dates that are presented to us once an order is already in production.
In the event your order arrives earlier than the estimated date, you are responsible for taking possession of the order within a week of receiving a call to schedule delivery. If you require delivery to a different address, there could be additional charges. If you cannot schedule delivery within 1 week of arrival to your local hub, there will be storage fees. Please contact your Sales Rep or Customer Service for more details.
Free Standard Delivery is available to the lower 48 states on orders over $75. NOTE: free shipping is not applicable to trade orders. Contact us for more information.
Design Public offers three (3) delivery options:
- Standard Delivery - Smaller items will be shipped with a parcel carrier (UPS/Fedex/DHL/TNT/USPS) and larger items will be shipped by a freight company. For freight deliveries:
- Residential addresses will have delivery to the threshold of your building (garage/inside the front door for single family homes or the lobby for apartment/condo complexes). You will receive a phone call when your items are in your local area and will be provided options for a delivery window during normal business hours (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm). Items will be removed from pallets, but will not be unboxed or removed from other protective packaging such as cardboard boxes or shrink wrap
- Commercial addresses will have delivery to a loading dock or inside the entrance to the business. You may not receive an appointment call unless Design Public is notified this is necessary at the time of order
- White Glove Delivery - We will deliver your items to any room of your choice in your address and remove all packaging. No assembly will be performed. You will receive a phone call when your items are in your local area and will be provided options for a delivery window during normal business hours (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm). Smaller items may not be eligible for White Glove deliveries. If you paid for White Glove delivery and your item is not eligible, we will refund you the delivery upgrade fee.
- White Glove + Assembly Delivery - We will deliver your items to any room of your choice in your address, remove all packaging, and perform any necessary assembly. You will receive a phone call when your items are in your local area and will be provided options for a delivery window during normal business hours (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm). The delivery team will not affix any items to walls or ceilings, connect or disconnect electrical equipment, or hang mirrors, wall art, or wall mounted shelving. Smaller items may not be eligible for White Glove + Assembly deliveries. If you paid for White Glove + Assembly delivery and your item is not eligible, we will refund you the delivery upgrade fee
Please note that weekend appointments, deliveries outside normal business hours, or requests for specific delivery times (if they are available in your area) will incur an additional charge and need to be quoted and paid for prior to delivery. Rescheduling of delivery appointments with less than 48 hours of advanced notice may also be subject to additional fees. Please contact us for further information.
Before ordering, measure all doorways, stairwells, hallways, ceilings, entryways, and landings to ensure that your furniture will fit into your room, as custom/made to order furniture may not be non-returnable. (see above regarding returns).
If your delivery option is White Glove or White Glove + Assembly (as notated on your order confirmation email/invoice), please make sure all old furniture is removed prior to delivery and a pathway should be cleared through your home to the room in which the furniture will be placed.
If you have challenging roads, driveways or other access points that would be difficult for our trucks to access, please make sure to set us know at order placement so we can ensure the order is routed through delivery hubs that can successfully handle those conditions.
Please immediately inspect your furniture and share any concerns you may have with your delivery team. You have the right to refuse delivery if the item arrives damaged or if you fear the item might be damaged based on the packaging conditions. You must make any claims for damage, shortage or errors within 24 hours of delivery. If no claim is made within this 24-hour period, furniture will be considered fully accepted. Design Public reserves the right to inspect, repair or replace any merchandise at its discretion. Design Public is unable to offer expedited production or shipping options on replacement orders.
OUR RIGHT TO CANCEL
We reserve the right to cancel products or services to any customer for any reason at any time. The customer’s sole remedy in such cases will be the full refund of any funds that we have collected in reference to the cancelled products and/or services.
We are real people. We attempt to provide current and accurate information on our web sites, email and telephone communications. We do not, however, warrant that this information is correct, accurate or complete. No piece of furniture is a perfect cube, so all of the dimensions and measurements on our site are manufacturer’s best approximations. Treat them as such!
Information that we communicate is not a contract, and should not be treated as such. The sole remedy of a customer acting on incorrect information is to request a cancellation of the order placed as a result of this incorrect information. Please review our Order & Return Policies.
While we make commercially accepted best efforts to maintain the security of customer transactions, its liability in cases of third party theft or misuse is limited to the funds which we have already collected in reference to the customer’s most recent order.
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN ‘AS IS’ AND ‘AS AVAILABLE’ BASIS. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON IT. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, BY YOUR OWN FREE WILL, AND THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES ARISING FROM THIS USE. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE, ITS SERVERS, OR ITS ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
You agree that the laws of the state of California, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and us or our affiliates.